19th April, 2017
Call to Arms and Gold Award
Does the Business Process Improvement industry require an organisation for professionals in the industry?
What would this organisation look like?
What would the organisation provide to its members?
What is the Gold Award for Business Excellence and how can it benefit your organisation
Presenter Len Mahon
30 March 2017
The Gold Award for Business Excellence is designed to benefit organisations, industries and the community at large, by promoting and recognising organisations committed to achieving Organisational Success through Best Practice in Australia. More information and last 2016 winner at www.goldaward.biz
Monadelphous Building, 59 Albany Highway, VICTORIA PARK 6100
Thursday 30 March, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Come and learn all about the Gold Award program for 2017
Presenter Michael Chan
13 October 2015
ISO9001:2015 and ISO14000:2015- Implementation
ISO has made changes to 9001. The changes to 9001 are important and will affect all auditors as well as organisations.
ISO9001 will be released about 23 September.
The presentation will discuss the changes that are relevant to systems implemented against ISO9001:2008 and make suggestions on how to organise the relevant changes.
Tuesday 13th October, 2015
Ningaloo Reef meeting room
108 Stirling Street,
5.00 to 6.00pm
The discussion will revolve around:
- The differences between ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9001:2015 and how this will impact managements approaches to the management system.
- The alignment requirements between the Quality Management System and the business objectives of the organisation and how this impacts the role of management in an organisation’s business processes and business results.
- Requirements for documented information and how this impacts business processes
- Implications of the removal of the requirements for procedures and records
- Specific requirements associated with the increased focus on process management
- Alternatives to documents and records that are acceptable for an auditor.
- The risk based emphasis that explicitly expects organisations to identify and address risks affecting product and service delivery.
ISO14001:2015 was released 15 September. The changes to 14001 are significant and will affect all auditors as well as organisations. These changes are in line with ISO 17021.2. ISO 17021 requires Environmental auditors to understand the operation of test equipment as well as have knowledge of ISO 14001.
The presenter is Len Mahon, Chairman, Australian Organisation for Quality-Qld Inc. Len has a Masters degree in Quality Management and has been involved in Quality for many years. He is current on a sub-committee that is developing a set of competencies for all levels of practice in the science of Quality Management.
He has written and presented papers on a range of management topics at conferences and seminars. A number of these presentations have been videotaped. Papers presented include:
Training is available in Management Systems Auditing in Perth at St Georges Terrace, Perth. Learn More
- Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001)
- Integrated Management Systems
- Quality Management Systems Auditing
- Internal/Lead Auditor/Compliance Auditor/Lead Auditor Training
- Work Health and Safety Management Systems Auditing
- Environmental Management Systems Auditing
- Training is available in Lean and Lean Six Sigma.
Learn More Lean
Learn More Lean Six Sigma
- The AOQ-WA has the aim of assisting businesses of all sizes to improve their management systems so that they can achieve excellence in their operations.
- The contact is Jillian Mercer
See Jillian in action at You Tube: Cut and paste into your browse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYA3SLveIeo
- Back to Top
- AOQ-QLD®'s training arm is the Australian Quality Centre (AQC).
- AOQ continues to develop partnering arrangements with commercial entities. These arrangements include the provision of training, consulting services and advertising in Progressing Business eZine, the official magazine of AOQ-QLD.
- The aim of the partner arrangement is to combine training programmes that are just viable and turn them into successful ventures by amalgamating training courses of The Queensland Quality Centre and commercial organisations, thus providing an income stream to AOQ-QLD® and its partners, provide improved services to the partnerships' members and customers and increase visibility of partners and AOQ-QLD® in the business community.
- There is room for more partners and AOQ-QLD® would like to hear from prospective partners who share these philosophies.
Telephone: 07 3816 2255 or 041 977 2926
- * Conditions apply.
Past Activities Include
- 2015 Lean Six Sigma Training and Auditor Training
- 2014 Lean Six Sigma Training and Auditor Training
- 2013 Lean Six Sigma Training
- 2012 Lean Six Sigma Training
- 29th April, 2008 Gold Award launch, Mario Pennisi
- 26th June, 2008. Practical Approach to Risk Management , Mike Harris - Australia New Zealand Asia and Middle East Quality Manager-Maunsell AECOM and President of AOQ-QLD®
- 28th July, 2008, Integrating Management Systems, Jon Lloyd, Group OHS Manager, Coote Industrial Limited CXG
- 30th April, 2009, Linking Quality and Risk and Gold Award Information session, Mike Harris, Corporate Quality Manager, Maunsell AECOM and Chairman of AOQ-QLD®
- Back to Top